Errors changing screen size

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Triaxx2, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

I have been lately, having several errors inrelation to changing the size of my screen. There are four people in my house and we use three different sizes. It will on occasion crash quoting an exception error in RunDLL32.exe. I've tried replacing the file, with no success.

I am running:

Windows 98 SE
    AMD Duron 1.2 Ghz
    Radeon 9600
    2x512MB Ram 1x128MB RAM

I believe it's beginning to affect my system stability, because I am no longer able to run Bejeweled, or Microsoft Freelancer. And the only way to return to windows after such a crash, is a hard reset, very hard since it involves shutting off the power supply.

Is this a hardware? Or software related problem? And is there anything I can do to fix it? I've updated the drivers for anything that might possibly be affecting it.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

What are the resolutions being used? What about the refresh rates?

3. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Refresh Rate is constant at 65. Resolutions are 1280x1024, 1024x768, and 800x600.

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Try lowering the refresh rate to 60. Sorry that's it for me.

5. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

I'll give it a shot, though rolling back to the original drivers has restored functionality to the games.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds