Hard drive shot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skd44, Apr 13, 2006.

1. skd44

skd44 Private First Class

I have been trying to solve a hard drive issue for a few days now and have tried a number of things recommended to me but to no avail. My laptop keeps rebooting over and over again. I have tried every option in the OS menu as well as resetting the options in the F10 BIOS menu. I have downloaded some boot disks to try and repair the boot process but my computer won't even let me read the disks from the a:drive, the reason I downloaded the disks is my compaq laptop didn't come with an XP disc, only the discs required to restore the entire system to factory, and I can't afford to lose my files on my harddrive completely. I am out of options and in need of major help. What can I do?

2. skd44

skd44 Private First Class

I forgot to add that the boot error keeps stating that it is Unmountable boot volume...............this is the issue someone else on my other thread called boot problem tried to help me with but nothing worked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds