PS2 Internet Problem Help !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MgSupra101, Apr 13, 2006.

1. MgSupra101

MgSupra101 Private E-2

:rolleyes: Alright heres the situation, I have a ps2 with a internet adapter and all iv used it before with 56k. Now 2 yrs later i wanna play online with my Cable Connection. Problem is my main comp downstairs that has the router/ Modem is too far from the Tv down there So i pretty much excluded that(for now). Up stairs in my room i have a Pc with Ethernet Ports in the back of my tower (Compaq Presario Blah blah blah ) I have a Wireless Belkin Pci card to connect to the Lynksas Router down stairs, Now iv tried going From the Back of my Ps2(online Adapter) with a Ethernet cable to the Back of my Pc Into the ethernet port , Iv set up All the online junk but when getting to the screen were it tests to connect to the network or online it fails , Any help getting around this or Having the same problem or what?????

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Are you using a crossover cable?

3. MgSupra101

MgSupra101 Private E-2

uhhh idk i dont think so there regular Ethernet cables im guessing How would i tell
    i have 2 ethernet cables at my dispose

4. MgSupra101

MgSupra101 Private E-2

I see that a crossover cable looks pretty much like a ethernet one how do i tell the diffrence and i had someone ask me if my ICS on my pc was setup or something whats that mean and how do i do it ? Someone help =(

5. help1001

help1001 Private E-2

i didnt even know their was PS2 online news for me :) are their wireless routers for it because thats what i would need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds