Aopen cdrom drive works on one computer but not another.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by white_hawk, Apr 13, 2006.

1. white_hawk

white_hawk Private E-2

I bought an AOpen COM5232/AAH Pro cdrom/dvd drive, and it installed fine on my computer running winxp media center, but when I try to install it onto my other computer running xp home, it says a problem occurred during harware installation... What should I do?

edit: when I check the properties, it says "windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The dirver may be corrupted or missing. (code 39)"

2. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123#E0MH0ACAAA

3. white_hawk

white_hawk Private E-2

Well, I know the driver is present because it works on one computer and not the other. I don't know how to go about fixing a binary file or the rest of the problems. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and I updated the computers BIOS settings (thinking along the lines of input output). It still won't install (this is just a plug and play install - not using a CD or anything). Anyone have any ideas?

4. white_hawk

white_hawk Private E-2

Please does anyone have any ideas? The only computer I have now is the one with home edition and I can't use CDs or DVDs until I figure out how to make this work =/

Just so you don't have to scroll -

I have an external aopen cd/dvd drive that will not install correctly when I plug it in (its USB), but it worked on my old computer, so I know its my computer that has the problem. I'll try anything at this point...

5. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Does Device Manager show any problems with your USB hub/ports?:)

6. white_hawk

white_hawk Private E-2

no - no errors show up there, but good idea.

7. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Do you have another USB device such as a jump drive to check and see if your USB ports on the new computer recognize USB devices? Also have you tried all the ports?:)

8. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

One other thing that you might try if you have no sucess with any USB device or port is going into Device Manager and uninstalling/deleting everything under the Universal Serial Bus controller tab. You will have to click on it to expand and show all the ports and hubs and delete them one at a time. Don't panic at this suggestion as all have Windows drivers and Windows will detect and reinstall drivers at reboot. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds