Tracing IP address.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tiasmom05, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiasmom05

Tiasmom05 Private E-2

Someone sent me a message on my phone from a computer, they used the screenname of another telephone number. When i called the number the people said they didnt know what i was talking about they had not sent it. The address is 199.88.234.52 how can I find out where this came from. I truly tried earlier and it said that It was from Atlanta GA from a cingular wireless phone, I guess someone was on the internet on the phone. How can I find out who is doing this.

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You can't. Best you can do without a lengthy legal process and talking to ISP is picking out the city. And sometimes you'd only get reliable hits on the state/province.

You can't track it down to a single person without going through legal channels though. You could of course try sending messages back to the IP, but what's the point?

3. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Call 1-866-CINGULAR, have them connect you to their fraud division, and give them this information:

OrgName: Cingular Wireless II, LLC
    OrgID: CWIL-2
    Address: 5655 Glenridge Connector
    City: Atlanta
    StateProv: GA
    PostalCode: 30342

NetRange: 199.88.232.0 - 199.88.235.255
    CIDR: 199.88.232.0/22
    NetName: CINGULAR-199-88-232
    NetHandle: NET-199-88-232-0-1
    Parent: NET-199-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Assignment
    NameServer: MESDNS01.CDPD.AIRDATA.COM
    NameServer: MESDNS02.CDPD.AIRDATA.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 1994-02-17
    Updated: 2005-08-05

OrgTechHandle: CINGU-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Cingular DNS
    OrgTechPhone: +1-404-713-0839
    OrgTechEmail: cingulardns@cingular.com

If their security is worth a hoot, they should make short work of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds