why does my comp do this????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lowie57, Apr 15, 2006.

1. lowie57

lowie57 Private First Class

ok the only drivers that seem to work correctly are the original drivers that came with my 9600pro, when ever i install any update my computer slows right down and everything graphicals is really slow,(when pages load it scrolls instead of opening instantly, program bars scroll slowly instead of popping up!,
    i need to have the lastest drivers so i can fix problems when playing oblivion, but no matter what i do my comp still slows down drasticly!

any help will be appreciated!

2. lowie57

lowie57 Private First Class

my comp actually runs better with NO driver installed

3. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

4. stardis

stardis Private E-2

I would check out the Microsoft supplied driver for the 9600 and see if it works for you. I am sure your 9600 is better than mine but when I reloaded XP on a new computer I have (I wanted to change some things), the MS driver for the 9600 vid card seemed to provide a better quality text. I don't think its my imagination. I don't game, so I don't know about that, but my LCD looks great when using Photoshop elements. I don't think I will reload the ati drivers that came with the card; at least, until I see a need to do so.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds