athlon xp 3200 temp

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brown132, Apr 16, 2006.

1. brown132

brown132 Private E-2

can anyone tell me the ideal temp for my cpu to run at athlon xp 3200.
    i have just downloaded speedfan and it reads 53 c with a flame icon which i presume is bad any ideas, thanks

2. xxmonkey321xx

xxmonkey321xx Private E-2

53 is pretty hot, but for an AMD its about normal... they (older ones especially) run rather hot. Perhaps think of buying a new heatsink/fan for it, 100% copper preferably. Be sure to put some Arctic Silver 5 on there, your tems should drop noticabley. If you're going to purchase this stuff, i reccommend newegg:

http://www.newegg.com

Can you tell me what socket your CPU is? I could show you which ones would be good(if you want)

EDIT: If i had to guess it would be Socket A/462, correct?

3. xxmonkey321xx

xxmonkey321xx Private E-2

4. brown132

brown132 Private E-2

thanks for reply its a socket a motherboard if that makes any sense, i beleave the fan and heat sink fitted at present were good for up to xp3000 but the fan looks really small and the heat sink is not copper and is that big it touches one of the tall barrell capaciter things on the mobo let me know which ones you think.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds