memory ok?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ordog11, Apr 16, 2006.

1. ordog11

ordog11 Private E-2

Hello
    I recently gutted out my hp so that I can have a decent pc to play games.The motherboard that was in the hp didnt support pci-e. At the time I bought the thing I wasnt playing too many games but once I started I got hooked all over again and realized what a piece of trash I bought. So I salvaged the cpu, memory, and hard drive and bought new gear. My question is about memory, this weekend I ordered another 2 512mb ddr2 pc3200/400 ram however ive been doing some reading and im not so sure I did the right thing.I would like to oc the cpu in the near future. Should I have bought 2- 1g sticks of ram of a higher speed. If it makes that much of a difference i'll send the new ram back.

Prescot P4 3.0
    asus P5LD2
    sata 200gb
    500wt psu
    geforce 7900gt
    2x 512mb ddr2 pc3200/400
    (btw I think this is the timing on this ram 3,0-3-3-1cmd)

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. ordog11

ordog11 Private E-2

Thats nice ram, I ordered kingston value I believe.
    So you think that i'll be ok?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

You never really know until you try. If it doesn't have heatspreaders, its going to be limited. If its rated at loose timings, its going to be limited. Higher speed ram has been tested to run at certain speeds, so if it fails, or doesn't perform to spec, it can be replaced vida warranty.

OTOH, there are people who achieve great overclocks with value ram, at least in respect to Corsair.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds