Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nri_us22, Apr 16, 2006.

1. nri_us22

nri_us22 Private E-2

hi,whenever i get on line ,i get too many interruptions in my network connection,i have rebuilt my computer thinking that it might improve the frequent interruptions or if there was anything wrong with my pc,but no help at all.I have windows xp,please give me an idea what could be the problem?I get connected to the net with great difficulty and that too for a few mins only.Please help me out with this like what i need to do?

2. Raistlyyn

Raistlyyn Private E-2

Gonna need more info, Like OS, and type of connection. Is it dial-up, Dsl, Cable?

3. nri_us22

nri_us22 Private E-2

hi,thanks for the reply.i have broadband conn,my os is win xp and i am using a dsl modem.no router.thanks

4. insamaic

insamaic Guest

I have a similiar problem, but it doesn't disconnect that much. Is it wireless, if so you may have stuff in the walls that blocks parts or all of the signal.

5. nri_us22

nri_us22 Private E-2

hello,no it is not wireless.do u think disabling the firewall should make it work?and do u have your disabled or not?

6. insamaic

insamaic Guest

Hmm... Is your DSL Modem, ALSO a router? If so that may be the problem, just go around and plug everything back in again.

I honestly can only help you rule out the basics.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds