Not Able To Get Connected To Net For More Than A Few Mins

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nri_us22, Apr 17, 2006.

1. nri_us22

nri_us22 Private E-2

Hello There,i Am Having A Terrible Problem Of Connecting To The Net,and Even If I Do It Gets Disconnected After A Few Mins.i Have A Broad Band Connection And Have A Sterlite Modem,which Is Set On The Factory Settings.i Have Already Contacted My Isp And They Told Me (after Checking Everything)that ,there Is No Problem On Their Side.so What Could It Be?i Don't Have Much Knowledge About Computers And Broad Band,so Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated.

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

If you have a Router, then it could be a Leasing issue. If you do not, then there is a Leasing issue with the IP that is being given by your ISP for the device connected through the modem.

3. nri_us22

nri_us22 Private E-2

Hi,i Appreciate Your Attention To This Matter.i Do Not Have A Router.what Do U Mean By Leasing Issue With The Ip Given By Isp.could U Please Explain And Give Me A Broader View About It.i Have My Exams Coming Up In A Couple Of Months,and I Am Not Able To Do Anything On The Net.thanks.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

A lease is the amount of time a IP is allowed to connect to a device. IP leases can last from a few hours to a week. If you do not have a router, it is the best suggestion, due to it adds a extra layer of protection as is mentioned.

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Might also be your firewall blocking the connection

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds