ABIT MB's - Crash Issues?????????????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CujoMaster, Apr 18, 2006.

1. CujoMaster

CujoMaster Private E-2

Hi I have ABIT KU8 MB and it is still random crashing - this what I have
    AMD 64 3700
    1 Gig ram PC3200 DDR 400MHz CL3
    Geforce 5700 Ultra DDR2 128 meg
    Maxtor 120 gig 7200 rpm HD -84% free space
    SCSI Sony cd burner

went through the spyware - adware removal process - viewed all files and found 12 more - it looks clean now - As I read another post I find it funny how ABIT Mb's have a random crash issue - is anybody having the same issue with ABIT Mb's? or heard of these issues with Abit?? I'm getting tired of the crashes and I'm starting to beleive it may be the Mb. Thanks

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

If you have been OC back it off and see if crashes still occur.

Have you got a "diagnostic" app? EVEREST Home is good and here otherwise there is SiS Sandra 2005 which is also excellent:

EVEREST:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/04/10/interactive_vga_charts_2006_kickoff/

AS youv'e checked for all nasties you should start assessing your temps (C)/volts/CPU fan RPMs'. Download one of these programs and lets begin to assess whether it is excessive heat causing it to shut down.

Next time it crashes immediately reboot and go into your BIOS (tapping Delete at first start up screen) and enter "PC Health" taking a mental note of temps/volts/RPMs' also take note of "System Shutdown Temp". Then go into the OS and have a look at the diagnostics app at temps/volts/RPMs'.

Start there and post back.

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Here are the steps to take if the system is generally unstable:

1. Troubleshoot the electrical system. This includes using a volt/multimeter to ensure that your PSU supplies proper voltage, and that is provides enough wattage for your system. You can find a wattage calculator at this link.
    2. Verify that the CPU fan is running and that the system is not overheating
    3. Verify CMOS settings. A low battery could cause correct CMOS settings to be lost.
    4. Back up (ie take note of) CMOS settings, and then restore to default
    5. Check that power connections are secure
    6. Check that the CPU is seated securely, and that the fan is attached firmly
    7. Remove the motherboard and look for frayed, scratched or damaged traces
    8. Replace memory modules
    9. Replace the CPU. If this step solves the problem, try the old CPU again. The old CPU might not have been seated correctly
    10. If the system board has a diagnostic CD that came from the manufacturer, run the diagnostic program
    11. Suspect a virus has damaged BIOS. Try downloading a new set of BIOS programs from the BIOS manufacturer's website.
    12. Replace teh system board. If this step solves the problem, check jumper and CMOS settings on the old board, which might be the problem.

You see, the motherboard is one of the LAST things to suspect. Try the simple things first, and hopefully you find a simple solution. If you have any trouble with these steps, just post back and someone will be glad to help.

Edit: Sorry BE, you beat me to the punch.

4. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

5. caramelsoul

caramelsoul Private E-2

Thanks for the posts guys, i have a similar problem with my PC. Will try your suggestions. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds