Need mpeg encoder for DVD player - pls help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by golddust, Apr 18, 2006.

1. golddust

golddust Private E-2

Had to replace hard drive and installed new os (Win xp pro w/sp2). I was unable to use system restore discs that came with computer (install was hanging). Anyway, I now need an mpeg encoder for the DVD player to work. I see some listed on this site under multimedia, but don't know what I should be downloading. Help pls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I recommend that you try VLC Media Player. Its lightweight (ie doesn't use too much system resources) open source (ie its free, and you can modify it), bu best of all, it has just about every codec you could want built in. That's right, NO MORE messing with codec downloads, or corruption, or whatever else you have to deal with. It will play your DVD!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds