Mouse will not work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mark Stoker, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Mark Stoker

Mark Stoker Private E-2

I cannot get my usb Logitech MX310 to work. I plug it in and XP does not recoginize it it doesnt make the usual sound when plugging a device in.

Also the light on the mouse does not light up.
    This problem also happens with other mice. It is plugged in to the correct port.

My pC IS AN amd '64' 3200 Asus Motherboard Kingston Ram (1gb) Maxtor Hard Disk running Win XP

Also i am running adaware se personal and AVG for antivirus

Anybody got any idea why this pc will not run any mice????????

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Have you gone into the control panel and double clicked the mouse icon and clicked on hardware .... does it show anything?
    I know when I switched from a ps/2 to an optical, I had to restart for xp to find it ....
    Might want to check that your usb port is working using some other usb device ....
    can you use a ps/2 to do some diagnostics? (You'll have to shut down to plug one in.)

3. Mark Stoker

Mark Stoker Private E-2

All usb ports are working fine tested them with printer and scanner
    In the hardware bit there is nothing there it is just blank......

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Is there any software that has to be loaded before hooking the mouse up?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds