~PC Will Not Reboot after Reformat

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by *WavyGravy*, Apr 19, 2006.

1. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Hey friends, I just reformatted my pc. Reinstalled WinXP and the necessary drivers( MoBo, GfX card and soundcard drivers). After installing them my pc works great, but when I reboot the Blue Screen flashes, then Im confronted by the BIOS screen that says Something was wrong with the Shutdown, then Im prompted to start Windows in Safe Mode, Safe Mode w/ Networking or Safe Mode with Com Prompt. I cant load the pc up until I restore it from an earlier time.

I have enclosed an everest log, I think this may just be a driver problem. Thx for any help rendered.

W_aV_Y

Attached Files:

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

So can you get into safe mode? If so it could be one of those drivers.

If you can get in using safe mode try uninstalling one driver at a time.

3. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

thx for the reply! The problem was caused by the old drivers, and now its fixed. But another thing came up now, I tried updating my drivers for my Vid card and after manually uninstalling the old ones and installing the new ones I got a screen that a Bus Control Driver was missing. So I used a restore point to set it back....so now here I am with a working pc, but now all my drivers are old. I think I may have Uninstalled to much when using Add/Remove Program to unistall the whole nVidia driver selection. I think I was only supposed to remove the Display Drivers and leave the other two alone.

Any ideas are more than welcomed.

Wavy

4. *WavyGravy*

*WavyGravy* Corporal

Anything? Bump...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds