sound from keys when I type

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DGGS, Apr 19, 2006.

1. DGGS

DGGS Private E-2

I can't turn this off and I have tried looking at Help & Support and I did a system restore (I use XP) and it doesn't work. Help, it's driing me nuts! (But I bet it's simple if you know the answer)
    Davidbbbbb

2. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

You haven't stated your operating system or the type of keyboard you have so I'll take a shot in the dark here.

Go into your control panel and check both your sound & audio devices and keyboard configurations to see if you somehow inadvertently enabled keyboard sounds.

If you are unable to resolve it in the control panel go to start > programs and see if you can locate your keyboards program configuration (example: Logitech, etc.) and see if there is a setting in there for keyboard sounds you can disable.

3. ironhead

ironhead Private E-2

I find this amuseing as I have been trying to turn the typing sound on !! two years now and no luck! lol

4. DGGS

DGGS Private E-2

Thank you so much for this. It's an odd one. The first oddity is that System Restore didn't seem to work (I use Windows XP on a JVC laptop) but t6hen after I had posted this the sound went. Maybe I made another typing error that just happened to solve it but I don't know what it was. But thanks for your help and if ypou can suggest anything else to stop me doing it again I'd appreciate it!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds