automatic IP updating software

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trashguy, Apr 19, 2006.

1. trashguy

trashguy Private E-2

I am looking for a client/server software that will automatically update my ip to a DNS server. I do not want to sign up for any service online.
    Here's the scenerio:
    I have a local web hoster that has control of all of my domain names ( about 12 total).
    One of these domain names resolves to my windows 2003 server. I mainly use this domain for remote access.
    I want a piece of software that can be installed on both my PC (client side), and to my web hosters DNS server (server side).
    By doing this, my PC would communicate to the DNS server that my web hoster has and automatically update my PC's IP address, so that he dosen't have to manually change the DNS entries every 30 days or so.

Does any know of any software that will allow me to do this without signing up for any online service?

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

The change would have to occur in your Hoster system, you need to ask him if there is something compatible with his system's DNS.

:cool:

3. trashguy

trashguy Private E-2

I have spoken with him. He knows that there is software out there that he can purchase that will install on his machine and on mine as well. The software would talk to each other and update the IP. He just can't remember what the name of the software was and he's have difficulty finding it again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds