Jumpdrive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by horsesrme, May 2, 2006.

1. horsesrme

horsesrme Private E-2

Not sure I am asking this on the right topic, but since I am still learning in this computer world, I am sure you will grant me a little slack. Ok, my jumpdrive when plugged in does not show that it is plugged in. Has been working fine all along, but computer was freezing up so I had to turn it off for a while, the jumpdrive was still plugged in, but couldn't click on the icon to safely unplug it, so I took it out anyhow. Do you think that did something? Because now it just won't work.

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

look for a new drive.
    it did go south when you jerked it out.

3. asturnacle

asturnacle Private E-2

horserme;

before u call it toast.
    with the usb drive removed
    try the following
    start--->My computer--> right click open part screen select refresh and then
    connect the jump drive
    right click and refresh and see it appears and u can select it and explore the drive.

hope it helps

asturnacle

4. horsesrme

horsesrme Private E-2

Thankyou both, I tried asturnacles suggestion, nothing, so I guess it is toast. Thanks guys. Is there anything I should do if that happens again in future with a new jumpdrive? This dang computer keeps freezing up, taking so long to type this, have all the protection on this dang thing, anyhow, I am sure this will happen again, so any suggestions on how to handle it or prevent it would be highly appreciated. Again thank you.

5. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

If the computer was turned off at the time, it would be OK to remove the drive. Try the jump drive on another computer to be sure it's failed.

If you have Windows 98/ME, you will need to download a driver from the manufacturer's site to use it, otherwise it won't be recognized. Windows 2000/XP have USB drive support built in.

6. horsesrme

horsesrme Private E-2

Well believe it or not, it is working! I had shut off computer again because of freezing up, ran the adware program, deleted the quantine stuff, and just for the heck of it, plugged in the jumpdrive and it is working! At least it showed up on the icon, now the test will be to down load the pictures, thanks again! And the computer is running super, so far, real fast, like it used to.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds