IBM i1480 dvd-rom question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by languy99, May 3, 2006.

1. languy99

languy99 Corporal

ok guys, i took apart my old ibm i1480(2616-480) to fix the dc-dc board, and wanted to fix the dvd rom because it was not working, when the computer was together it would open and the light would come on but xp would say there was nothing in it, it would say the drive is empty even what i had a cd in it. when i took it out the part number on that one is 05K9260 but in the IBM service manual it says it should be number 05K9258, it does not look like anyone changed them because the date on the part number sticker matches the rest of the parts in the computer right down to the day. does anyone know where i could look to find out if its the right now, or does anyone know if its the right one?

2. languy99

languy99 Corporal

ok i got the dc jack re-soldered, and put some superglue between the dc jack and the circuit board to offer it more support, put the computer back together again and started it, problem fixed, :D now i still have the problem with the dvd-rom not working , when i put any media in it is says (insert disk into drive D) and thats it, under device manager there are no question marks or anything windows xp recognizes it, do you think the dvd rom is bad or is it a software problem ,because it opens and even spins the disc it just does not read it. any help would be nice. also i tried cleaning it and nothing. also there are no drivers for the drive, Toshiba says use standard windows drivers for it.

3. languy99

languy99 Corporal

also wanted to add that it will not read anything, from dvd's to music cd to software cd's.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds