windows keeps changing my mouse pointer speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ej25lvr, May 3, 2006.

1. ej25lvr

ej25lvr Private First Class

im using a razer copper head laser mouse. i couldnt use the drivers that came on the cd or the updated ones from the razer site because if i did after a few clicks it would instantly reboot my pc. i even tried every usb port available. i found that without the drivers installed every thing works perfect. now my problem is randomly changing the mouse pointer speed. it happens when gaming on the web or whenever. when i go to the mouse speed setting it doesnt show that it has been moved but the speed of the pointer is night and day. i can move it up 1 notch but it almost tripples the speed being to fast. the only way i can get the speed i want back is to reboot. ive checked razers site and they seem clueless. any ideas? thanks in advance.

2. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

Hi

Sorry I know this isnt of any help but I had a copperhead from when they first came out and had the same problems. As im aware there is no fix, Razer didnt have a clue and kept sending beta firmware which made things worse most of the time. In the end I just bit the bullet and bought logitech g5, it is sweet as m8. Should of bought it first.

Sorry I know its not good news but I wouldnt hold my breath on fixing it. I hope someone proves me wrong for u.

3. ej25lvr

thanks for the reply, i may have to end up doing the same. you would think that of al the mice companies make now that one of the more expensive ones wouldnt have so many problems.

4. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

Very true, but these was rushed out in a vain attempt to compete with the g5. Its real shame because I had a lot of respect for razer in the past, their mice have been second to none and their customer serivce was excellent. I even got a set of new mouse pads when I said mine was really scracthy at no extra cost for the copperhead but I just couldnt use it because of the probs. Its dam good looking to for a mouse.

Good luck with it but I can recommend the G5, it is really good, the wieghts you can add are excellent for the presonal feel the only con is 1 side button but you soon work round it. It also has sensible to reach on the fly sensitivity.

5. ej25lvr

i think im gonna give the g5 a try, i really only use 1 side button anyways to enter vehicles and such.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds