Cannot Install From A Dvd Disk

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dread_2004, May 4, 2006.

1. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

Hi

I have a lite-on sohc-5232k combo cd/dvd r/w drive, it is about 1 year old and works fine except for the problem below.

I did have this originally in the games section thinking it was only related to Oblviion but has come apperant it is a hardware prob and moved it to here as anything on a DVD disk will not work.

I have just got my new pc (see specs in sig) and trying to install oblivion and keep getting the following errors. E:\ is not a valid win32 application. I can browse the files on the DVD disk so if I open the disk and try to start setup manually I get E:\setup.exe is not a valid win32 application.

Anything on a cd disk plays and installs fine.

<<<Attempted fixes>>>
    checked ide is not sharing with pcie - fine
    checked the properties to check the drive is running within 'bandwidth' e.g dma 2 ultra 33 - fine
    updated firmware - no difference.

The disks are in perfect condition and all genuine, im sure it is a setting or windows issue somewhere otherwise the icons on the drive would not appear and also I wouldnt be able to browse the disk either. I think.

Any ideas pls.

Thx to Insominac so far for your suggestions.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

3. Dread_2004

Dread_2004 Private First Class

Thx for the advice mate, I had tried that out but didnt help. Anyway please close this thread as the problem has been sorted out. My windows had a major crash and I had to reformat and reinstall windows, since then it is working fine again.

Thx to everyone for your ideas.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds