Whats Going on With my CPU Temp?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Originalnutta2006, May 4, 2006.

1. Originalnutta2006

Originalnutta2006 Private E-2

Hi There People,

ok here's my problem.
    i have a gigabyte 7nf-rz mobo with a Sempron2400+ 1.6ghz processor
    also an ATI 9250 256mb Graphics card,
    a Maxtor 40 gig HDD
    with 2 Sticks of Pc3200 256mb ram
    (I know this is the wrong size ram my Cpu its cause i overclock my cpu to a 2800+ not that ive been able for a while)

Ok think that should do. My problem is cooling my Cpu.
    n normal stable settings not overclocked i get a temp of around 44-46 c
    this is a decent average temperature i know but this is with a thermal pad.

So i thought id put me hand in me pocket and fork out for some copper
    based paste. I then after applying the paste get temps of 48-50 not good really.

So then i thought id try some silicon based paste after appling that i got temps well the roof is on fire put it that way and so i thought ive had enough of this im gonna get some Artic Silver 5

now after applying it i get temps of 45-46 now should'nt i get a better temp than that it seems to me after everything i have tryed the thermal pad does it better is'nt that a bit strange.

I have applied the pastes correctly. maybe its my heatsink and fan i have a standard amd heatsink with a 5000rpm thermaltake fan on it also i have decent airflow in the case 120mm fan on the back blowingb air out of the case.

then one 80mm on the side blowing in and a 80mm in the top blowing in and the obviously the psu fan blowing out anyways any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance..........:)

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

There is only so much thermal grease can do, if your cooling solution sucks in the first place.

Without using CnQ, which I have no idea if your CPU spports it, stock cooling is going to hover in the low to mid 40s, temperature wise.

3. Originalnutta2006

What CnQ Then i did a search for it but come up wit nothing

4. Originalnutta2006

aha cool and quiet yeh will install it and see what info it gives

5. Originalnutta2006

nope it dont support my cpu

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds