I am in need of some assistance, PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ionicparadox, May 9, 2006.

1. ionicparadox

ionicparadox Private E-2

I am having issues with my video card right now and I'm trying to switch back to my onboard. I enabled my onboard again, but it only gets to the Windows start-up screen and quits loading. Am I supposed to disable the other one or what? I hate messing with the hardware like this.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Turn the onboard video off. Get back into windows & remove the driver for your video card. Either thru add/remove or if it is not there thru the device manager.

Shut the computer off & remove the card from the case. Boot up to the bios & enable the onboard video, boot up.

That should then load.

3. ionicparadox

ionicparadox Private E-2

ok, thanks. this video card i have in right now will not work right. i couldn't find the driver disk so i went through and found the closest match, but since it isn't the proper driver, it will not allow me to play certain videos. i think it's just a random thing though. i can't even find an updated driver for it. but, once again, thank you.

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Would you like help getting your video card working or is your onboard good enough for what you need,generally video cards have much better perfomance than onboard,for basic surfing and type though onboard is fine :)

5. ionicparadox

ionicparadox Private E-2

no. my onboard is great. i, personally, think it's a lot better than the newer one. the newer one is just quite a bit more flexible. my onboard supports quite a bit, but i did mess with it a little to be able to do so. i think if i were to actually have the disk i was supposed to, it wouldn't be so bad. it really doesn't like to work when i try to run certain videos on my winamp. sometimes it's a little different with my divx player but i still do get the problem of it freezing my computer. it's not completely needed to remove the other video card, is it? honestly, i don't remember. i do hate my video card, but i absolutely love my sound card. i have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro. Amazing sound, and well worth the $300 i payed for it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds