Blitzz Wireless BWI715 PCI Cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cappii, May 9, 2006.

1. cappii

cappii Private E-2

I Had installed a Blitzz Technologies BWI715 PCI card on my pc. At first, I installed in the #1 PCI slot, closest to the AGP port, but when I was searching system resources, I noted that it shared the same IRQ with not only the on board LAN, but also the graphics. I moved it to PCI 3, furthest away from the AGP. This did resolve the IRQ issue, but the PC still froze every time I tried to play games like AOE 2 or Empire Earth--- I'm not really into gaming, these 2 are just games that I found interesting enough to help me waste half an hour now and then. Then I noticed a quirk... Everytime the computer would "hiccup" before it would freeze, the wireless network icon would pop up at the taskbar saying it was now connected. So I disabled it for kicks, and ran a long CAT5e to my PC.......

It has not frozen since. I am going to replace the wireless card with a Belkin as soon as I can to match my Wireless router and take advantage of it's Speedboost. Just thought some of you may find this particularly helpful if you have the same issues with yours. Happy computing!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds