overclock my acer please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mgpower0, May 11, 2006.

1. mgpower0

mgpower0 Corporal

Currently own Acer Aspire T-310
    Has Acer E61ML mainboard, running intel celeron 2.8GHz with SiS 661 chipset. Bios won't allow fsb adjustment and I am yet to find an application that is compatible, Have tried clockgen and a number of others, will CPUcool work?

2. geekedittilitGHz

geekedittilitGHz <i>puto cum grano salis</i>

im tired... heres a link to a thread for a bunch of programs... just scroll thru i no theres a bunch... also look for modded biosed on google

3. mgpower0

mgpower0 Corporal

yeah i've pretty much tried everything now. Time to upgrade cpucool tells me my PLL does not support adjustment through SMbus and no bios or program will, now or in the future. Thanks anyway

4. geekedittilitGHz

sure anytime... like i said to the other guy.. get a cheapo mobo that supports OCing

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Hey wheres the LINK?!?!? Keen to have a look myself:confused:

6. geekedittilitGHz

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Cheers buddy it's almost winter here so I want to give my CPU a poke, nudge and then push.

8. mgpower0

mgpower0 Corporal

finally found something that works. Using CPUcool was able to select ECS mainboard type cause i was told acer and ECS mainboards are very similar. With a bit of trial and error (a few crashes) found a PLL code that would allow adjustment through the fine tune settings in CPUcool. Was running 3.218GHz with aprox 115MHz FSB up from stock 2.8 at 100MHz. Temp up around 1-2 deg celcius and voltage up from aprox 1.37v to 1.43v. Ran stable with no problems, but I do not suggest trying this method unless you are willing to torch your system (which I am) as it really was just chance that I got this to work, just as much chance that it would have killed my comp.

9. falconxev

falconxev Private E-2

Hello, this thread has been long gone for a time I see, but I happened across it via google.
    I have the same motherboard/processor/computer in general, and am presently trying to overclock it, but to no avail at all, no program I use has detected it.
    I have downloaded CPUCool, and was reluctant to just guess as to what might work in case I destroyed my poor old machine.
    You wouldn't happen to remember the details you entered in would you? it would make things much simpler, and safer if I knew the correct procedure.
    Thanks in advance

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds