Cable modem dropping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wasteofbreath, May 12, 2006.

1. wasteofbreath

wasteofbreath Private E-2

I have a problem with my linksys cable modem. Whenever I use any program that downloads faster then about 150kb/sec (or multiple programs downloading simultaneously) my connection gets dropped. I have to reset my modem, router, and reboot to have a connection again.
    The problem first showed with Bittorent and Limewire, which I can make settings changes to and not get dropped often. However, I am trying to download something from direct2drive and the fileplanet download manager (or directly trying to download with IE) doesn't let me alter settings to curb the speed and keep from getting my connection dropped.
    Now if someone has an idea of how to fix the modem dropping that would be great. I would settle for a way to slow internet download speed so I can finish downloading the game I just bought.

Cable Modem : Linksys BEFCMU10, connected to router with ethernet
    Router : Linksys BEFSR41, connected to computer with ethernet

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

If your connection is dropping, it may not be the modem, but your ISP connection.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds