old computer help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Destructo, May 13, 2006.

1. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

My friend gave me an old micron desktop (yes the kind that you can actually put a monitor on) it was new in '99. Anyway its an old pos 450 mhz w/a whoppping 16 mb of ram!!!! but when it posts it asks for a password. I have tried to manually clear the bios (even pulled the battery) but it still asks for a password, I cant even get into bios btw.

Any ideas on what the pass might be (factory defaults????)

thanks ahead of time :)
    mark

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

4. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

Hey guys sry about the big delay in response, life side tracks you sometimes. Anyway the default passes didnt work for some reason so out of frustration I checked the bios jumper again and low and behold it had 3 pins so I changted it from pin 1&2 to 2&3, booted up and it came to a screen asking if I wanted to clear the passwords. voila! Now if I could only get pass the dang xp pro login.................
    format here i come.
    thanks for the input!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds