Port Forwarding for my BT router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crystak, May 13, 2006.

1. crystak

crystak Private E-2

I have a Voyager 2091 and I am mesmerized about the difficult of this problem. I have been following guides from www.portforward.com and still found it impossible. The ports I need to forward are: 6014, 6012 and 2612.
    I have done everything as instructed and then checked if it works by using this website: http://www.checksum.org/cso/networkTools/tilesCheckPort.jsp
    Timeout error.. I'm so annoyed with this.
    Could someone please shed any light on this as I'm completely baffled.

This is what my router manager looks like after I "forwarded" the ports but still doesn't work!
    [​IMG]

2. djlowe

djlowe Private First Class

Normally, port forwarding is done in a NATed network environment where there's one public IP address serving multiple IP addresses on an internal network that uses reserved subnets, and unsolicited packets from the Internet on specific ports need to be sent to nodes on the internal LAN.

I can't really tell from the screen capture, but if the IP address shown is what the router is being told to use for the internal host address, then it's most likely wrong.

I'd need more information about your network configuration to be sure, but since that address is a public IP address, it is most likely the external IP of your router - you want to use the internal address of the computer to which you wish the packets on those ports to be routed as the internal host address.

Regards,

dj

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds