Everest Results..confused :(

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Borsung, May 13, 2006.

1. Borsung

Borsung Corporal

Hello, i read the overclocking guide and what nots, and before i give the results here is my comp spec:

Pentium 4, 2.0GHZ
    784RAM (DDR400 PC3200)
    Jetway P4X400DBP/DBZ (MOBO)
    Nvidia geforce 6200
    WIndows XP Pro

okay i think thats everything...

firstly i guess, i should ask if its even worth trying to OC...i would like to try to get at least 2.2ghz

Everest shows that my CPU is already OC'd but to a small amount
    here is a copy and paste
    Field Value
    CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2033 MHz (20 x 102)

the max multiplier is 20..but i dont think i can change anything in the bios, if i can then when i looked i looked in totally wrong place.

My comp runs pretty cool as well, cpu is at 40C and system is at 23C

Okay so here is my understanding so far: my ram can run at 200mghz since its a ddr400, everest shows my ratio to be 5:3. and its only running at
    Real Clock 169 MHz (DDR)
    my FSB is showing this:
    Real Clock 102 MHz (QDR)
    Effective Clock 407 MHz

My MoBo is pretty old it wont even list product information on the jetway sight. and clockgen doesnt have the pll listed for it. So i think here is my real question: Am i able to OC? If so can i do it in BIOS? Where might i look in BIOS to find this? And what settings should i use to get about 2.2ghz?

I hope i gave the right information for you all to help me, if not ill try and get you the right information. Gracias.

2. the don miester

the don miester Private E-2

hi - not sure I can help you over clock as I am a novice myself

I too have problems understanding the EVerest results

Do you think you could tell me where to find the ratio on everest as I have looked but cant seem to find it

Cheers

3. Hailscott

Hailscott Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds