DVD-RW drive wont read my discs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dazz, May 13, 2006.

1. Dazz

Dazz Private E-2

Hi all, I recently changed my PC (bought from a mate) and the DVD drive won't read photo discs I burned on my old PC. When you try and see the contents using 'my computer' I just get a message saying the drive is corrupted and unreadable. When I tried the discs on another PC the following message pops up;

'You have inserted a disc with a OSTA UDF filesystem. The disc cannot be read by your system without additional software. To install the necessary driver press yes'

When I click 'yes' I get the following message;

'Error loading setupx.dll. The specified module could not be found'

My system is; P4/2.80ghz, 512mb RAM, Windows XP Pro, although the machine on which I got the above messages is running XP home edition.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards, Daz

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

UDF Unique Database (Microsoft Windows NT)
    UDF Image filter (Photostyler)

www.whatis.com

every file extension in the world

showing the results of udf

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds