USB not recognizing iPOD on my computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by polisha, May 13, 2006.

1. polisha

polisha Private E-2

Hi everyone, I'm really sorry to hate to post this as my first post in this forum, but this situation is driving me insane.

Just got an iPod and hooked it up to my computer and in the beggining it worked just fine, I installed iTunes and it recognized the device, everything was perfect.

I unplugged the iPod, restarted the computer and it wouldn't recognize it anymore. So I uninstalled iTunes, restarted both the iPod and the computer, reinstalled the software, tried again, and nothing... it still wouldn't recognize it.

I tried on another computer to see whether or not the cable might be the cause and it worked just fine, reconigzing the device.

So I went back to mine, knowing that the issue is here and turned off the antivirus and firewall to see if that was causing it.

It is still not recognizing it... I´m going crazy, please if anyone knows how to help me it will be deeply appreciated, and sorry for bothering.

By the way, I'm attaching a screenshot.

Attached Files:

2. sewy18

sewy18 Private First Class

3. polisha

polisha Private E-2

Hi thanx for the reply!

Here's what I tried so far with no success using the information on the reply...

- I uninstalled iTunes and every iPod related software, restarted both the computer and the iPod, but still it would not work. I also got the latest firmware updater installed.

- Checked for the iPod service and indeed it is running.

- Tried all the USB ports.

- Unchecked the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" on My Computer/Properties/Hardware Tab/Device Manager.

By the way my computer is an AMD Sempron 2400+ / 1.66GHz / 256 RAM

Thanks a lot for the assistance is really appreciated. This whole situation is driving me crazy.

4. sewy18

Hey man I had the exact same problem and those links helped me solve mine lol..umm I would call your computer manufacturer or your motherboard manufacturer maybe they will be able to help you or Apple ,Sorry

5. polisha

polisha Private E-2

I really appreciate your help! Thanks a lot!

I was actually able to isolate the issue which seems to be that none of my USB ports will recognize any MP3 player at all, since I tried plugging a Canon a75 cam and t was recognized but I got the same error with a Sandisk 1Gb MP3 player.

So even though I have not been able to fix the issue yet I think I might be on the way... maybe I should update my usb drivers? Anyone knows if there´s any place I can get them?

6. sewy18

Let me know your motherboard manufacturer and I will look if there are.Did you build your computer?

7. polisha

polisha Private E-2

Yeah actually a friend did it for me since I'm feeling almost computer illiterate right now, hahaha.

This is the information I got regarding my motherboard:

Motherboard manufacturer
    Motherboard model K7S41GX, 1.0
    BIOS vendor American Megatrends Inc.
    BIOS revision P1.70
    BIOS release date 06/25/2004
    Chipset SiS 741GX rev. 03
    Southbridge SiS LPC Bridge rev. 25
    Sensor chip Winbond FF

Thanx a lot for your patience and help!

8. sewy18

9. sewy18

You should see a picture of a usb cable ,click on SiS USB 2.0 Driver Ver:1.04.Download it and run setup ,restart computer and if it does not work you will need to contact them ..
    http://www.asrock.com/contact/index.htm

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds