Desperate Server 2003 Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by acktom, May 17, 2006.

1. acktom

acktom Private First Class

Hello All - Our Windows 2003 Server does an unwanted shut down daily. The Server was demoted from a Dom Cntrllr and is used in a Workgroup not a Domain. Is there a process that needs to be shutdown? Here is the shutdown error message:
    >>>The server was shut down because it did not comply with the EULA.

>>>The process sbscrexe.exe has initiated the shutdown of computer SERVER03 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
    Reason Code: 0x0
    Shutdown Type: shutdown

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,
    Acktom

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

The service "SBCore" is responsible for (after 1 week) rebooting your computer every hour until you become a domain controller. To avoid this, you need to create a file that will taskkill sbscrexe.exe until it no longer automatically restarts.

Code:
    option explicit

dim o_shell

set o_shell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")

do until true = false

o_shell.run ("taskkill /F /IM sbscrexe.exe")

loop

WScript.Quit

If you were to copy this into notepad and save as filename.vbs, you would have a script to correct your issue.

3. acktom

Thanks Mada-

Sorry to be a bit lay...Once I have the VBS Script File, how do I get this into the start up (.ini?).

Your Help Is Very Much Appreciated.

4. acktom

Mada - I ran the script or I should say it has een running for about 5 minutes in its loop. Has yet to find object. Is it possible to shut down this service manually? I tried, but the administrator rights were not sufficient. Will try in Safe Mode, if possible, if VBScript does not correct problem.

Any thoughts?

I appreciate your help.

5. acktom

Mada- Script successful w/concern. Thank you for the help/script. I ran it and SBC Svc has been shut down. The Script itself Ran perpetually and did not stop after making change. I eventually stopped the process, but was concerned I had not let it run its course.

Thanks,
    Acktom

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds