help me! i need sound driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by 0212253, Jun 21, 2006.

1. 0212253

0212253 Private E-2

My PC use:
    -Windows XP/sp3.
    -System model: awrdacpi
    I don't have sound driver, please show me where i can download sound driver for my PC.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome

We are going to need alot more information that you have supplied above, things like,

If your PC is a Pre-Build OEM from the likes of DELL, HP etc then what is the model name and version of PC.

If a self build, with onboard sound, what is the motherboard make and version?

If self build and you have added a PCI soundcard what is the make and version of the card?

to aid you in supplying this info please read this thread Before You Post Asking For Help, Please Read This and from that thread this tool is good for the purpose of IDing your hardware Everest Free

and this info will help you attach a log from Everest, if you cannot find the releven hardware info from Everest on the items I listed above HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

4. DavidGP

yeah most likey installed the unofficial XP SP3 "Hotfix" pack... dunno how wise that is as some of those will not be applicable for certain PCs as its a collected pack of the available hotfixes MS have release to date, some of the updates fix certain specified only issues and can cause other issues by installing them when not needed.

Note Bene,. all XP updates since SP2 have had like previous updates the next SP number tag as in post SP2 all updates are numbered SP3.. your registry will bare that out at this location HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP in which you will notice SP2 and SP3 listed in folders, open SP3 and all the update KBs are post SP2.

5. 0212253

0212253 Private E-2

show me where i can download sound driver

Information about my sound card:

-Chip: Intel Corporation 82081db ac' 97 audio Controller (ICH4 B0 step).
    - Detail:
    + Chip:82081db ac' 97 audio Controller (ICH4 B0 step).
    + Chip Vendor: Intel Corporation.
    + Device: Multimedio Audio Controller.
    + OEM Device: Avance AC'97 Audio.
    + PnpID: VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_4730414C&REV_02.

My PC use Windown XP/sp3.
    If you have the driver , please share me or show me where i can download.
    Thanks!
    Thien Sao.

6. DavidGP

Is this PC a pre-built one as in HP, DELL etc or what is your motherboard maufacturer as it is best to download the actual listed driver for your PC model over a default one. Main reason for asking this is not any old Avance AC97 driver will do as some motherboard manufacturers change the functionality of the drivers.

7. 0212253

0212253 Private E-2

following more information about my PC:
    + Motherboard: i845G.
    + System Model: AWRDACPI.
    + BIOS: Phoenix-AwardBIOS V6.00PG.
    + Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.13GHz
    + DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904)

8. DavidGP

Without an actual PC builders name as in Dell, HP etc or the actual Motherboard manuracturer as in Intel, MSI, ASUS, Gigabyte and not the chipset names as listed above I can only advise on the generic Realtek AC97 ALC650 driver

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

5th down from top and do note as its generic it may not work as I stated earlier some motherboard manufacturers do change or have custom builds of these onboard sound chips from the makers.

9. 0212253

0212253 Private E-2

Information of my PC:
    - Motherboard: i845G (i- intel motherboard)
    - System Manufacturer: INTELR
    - System Model: AWRDACPI
    - Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

Information about my sound card:

-Chip: Intel Corporation 82081db ac' 97 audio Controller (ICH4 B0 step).
    - Detail:
    + Chip:82081db ac' 97 audio Controller (ICH4 B0 step).
    + Chip Vendor: Intel Corporation.
    + Device: Multimedio Audio Controller.
    + OEM Device: Avance AC'97 Audio.
    + PnpID: VEN_8086&DEV_24C5&SUBSYS_4730414C&REV_02.
    -Onboard.

10. DavidGP

If motherboard maker is Intel then their should be a model version alpha/numerical name such as D845GBV somewhere which would allow us to locate the exact driver.

If you use Everest Free as listed in the early posts attach a log, instructions on how to attach a file as in log are listed here HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

to gain a log from everest, start the program and click Report > Report Wizard > Next > choose System Summary only > Plain Text the follow the above to attach the TXT file produced.

I want to help over guessing the driver so this info is crucial.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds