Logon, instant logoff

Discussion in 'Software' started by xxNikkixx, Aug 14, 2006.

1. xxNikkixx

xxNikkixx Private E-2

Hello. I'll try to make this as quick and clear as I can... I have XP pro sp2 & everytime I try to long on, I says "loading your personal settings", plays the welcome music then it says "logging off" and plays the goodbye music. I've tried it with all user accounts, in safe mode and regular, including administrator.
    I picked up some nasty spyware somewhere this morning, tried to restore, it was unable. I ran several spyware removal programs, trying to clean it up, the last one being spybot and that's when the trouble started. I rebooted after I ran each program.
    I used the chkdsk command in the repair option with my windows disk. No luck. Any advice would be really appreciated, as I am lost without my computer up and running. :(
    Thanks in advanced.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you are in a loop, and can't get into safe mode ...about the only thing to do a
    is a repair install ...knowing that the malware will still be there ....but boot to cd ..install ...f8 ...then when it finds the previous version of xp it will ask if new install or repair ..choose "R" ...when done ....get into safe mode with networking and go directly here:
    Read and run first - Malware section
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

3. xxNikkixx

xxNikkixx Private E-2

I've already used my disk and pressed R. It didn't help, I still can't get in to safe mode or anything.

4. TimW

Don't press R at that first screen ...hit install ...then the fourth screen hit R ....aaaarrrrrrrhhh:) :)

5. xxNikkixx

xxNikkixx Private E-2

Sorry, I gotcha. Thank you. Will be back with results.

6. xxNikkixx

xxNikkixx Private E-2

It works!! I have to reinstall every program, but at least I can use it. Thank you, TimW, you're the greatest!! ;)

7. TimW

WooHoo ....tgif (thank geeks its fixed) ....safe surfing!!:) :) :)

And don't forget to visit the malware section.

8. siegogs

siegogs Private E-2

Dear Nikkixx,

What do you mean by reinstall every program? Is it same like formatting your pc?BTW, i m facing the same problem as yours , and now looking for the solution.Could you guide me?

Thnxx

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

siegogs welcome. Please do not add your questions to a two year old thread. Start a new topic with your questions.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds