Hi there!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Brecki, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Brecki

Brecki Private E-2

I have a question, or ten, but will stick to the one.

I have a horrible habit of deleting things off my puter that seem to create issues of reinstalling, so have broken that and am now where I need to ask questions.

Here's the history, kinda. Summarized. I ran HiJack this and came up with a bajillion files that were potential problems (overdramatization, of course). Of course I read, first, that not all could be problems and DO NOT delete all of them, send the list to you guys, and go from there. Then, I read the instructions of what to do FIRST, and ran all those, and screwed up with the log files of the different anti-spyware program scans, so I did get frustrated after over 4 hours of jacking with all this stuff and just deleted 5 items that were hijacking the server and using my email. I run the Ccleaner every couple days and delete everything it comes up with after skimming through the list. I run the AVG anti-spyware and clean up there, too, and it usually only grabs cookies. Today, I did a search for .txt files since I had an explorer error and wanted to know what it was. Since I havent' a clue, and in the .txt file is says it is enabling something and blah blah blah. I don't know if it's for my motherboard (MSI) or not, and if it's actually from them or from someone else attempting troubles.:(

At any rate, over the next few days, or weeks, depending on my patience and ability, I am going to run the HiJack this log and get a copy to you guys. And, since I am new at this, hopefully by the time I do it, I'll have communicated enough with you and read enough to at least realize that this requires patience. :D

I am somewhat savvy on puters, but MAN!!!! It can get confusing!:cry

Thank you for your time and patience with us newbies!

Blessings....

Attached Files:

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

I'm not exactly sure what your question is after all that, but if I read you right and you did all of the 'Read and Run Me' things and aren't sure if you are still infected, your best bet is to post your logs in the malware forum for the experts there.

As far as deleting things that give you trouble, I'm going to take a wild stab here and say that's probably not a good idea in the long run since you can really mess up your computer.

If it's not malware you are worried about and it's your motherboard, post your problem in the hardware forum.

Good luck with everything and welcome again to MG's. :)

3. Brecki

Brecki Private E-2

Sorry. I was VERY unclear, wasn't I? Frustrated, ended up walking away from the computer.

Question: What is this? dd_netfx20UI1A62.txt

Now that I've made myself clear on my original intention (again, I apologize), I shall go to the malware forum and ask my questions and attach my logs.

Thank you, Laura, for your patience.

Blessings..

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

5. Brecki

Brecki Private E-2

Thanks! I read it once, will re-read it again when I am fresh.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Brecki

To answer that question for you, that TXT file is a logfile of the installation of Microsoft .Net 2.0 you did back at start of year, this file is harmless and can be deleted if you so wish.

But you'll need as the others have said to go through the guide in Malware for the other issues.

7. Brecki

Brecki Private E-2

Thank you very much! ;O) I guess if I am going to ask a question, I should just ask it.

Going to run the scans in safe mode now. Will post the results when I am done, and again, thank you all for your patience with my frustration.

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds