Need advice where to start

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by dreadhead, Aug 1, 2007.

1. dreadhead

dreadhead Private E-2

Hi to all, i would greatly apreciate any advice anyone gives. I am new to computers, but want to learn software, hardware and languages. Where is a good place to start to learn. I am leaning more as to learning software and languages to eventually write programs. I am on a pc and not mac, please help.

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome:)

Are you talking about learning more at MajorGeeks and where to go on the board? If so, you'll notice on the main support forum page there are forums for each category (ie. Software, Hardware, Programming, etc.). If you want to learn and have specific questions or problems, you should decide which forum it belongs in and start a thread. If anyone knows the answer, they are usually more than happy to help.

3. dreadhead

dreadhead Private E-2

Thanks so very much, sorry if i seem a little lost.

4. LauraR

Good luck with your learning! There's a lot to be learned here. :)

5. wilbecraft

wilbecraft Private E-2

Hi;
    I am new and need assist:D

6. wilbecraft

wilbecraft Private E-2

Thanks for the advice and look forward to being apart of this sight:)

7. LauraR

Welcome :)

Ask away and if someone can, they will be happy to give some advice. There are different forums for different issues (ie. Software, Hardware, etc), so your best chance of help is asking in the appropriate forum.

8. mykydsrgr8

mykydsrgr8 Private E-2

I need help..... I have downloaded the adware free addition and it is asking now for a serial number and unlock key???? Where do i find those?

Kandi confused

9. LauraR

Hi and welcome :)

What exactly did you download? Was it from here? Were you trying to down load Ad-Aware, which is a legitimate anti spyware software?

edited to add this link to rogue and suspect antispyware stuff on the web (just scroll down the page to see them): http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

10. mykydsrgr8

mykydsrgr8 Private E-2

Thanks Laurel

I went to major geeks and downloaded anti spyware... adware... I did get it to work now.. i had it before.. this is what my boss tells me to use.. it works great but had an error. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it... it is working great now... always nervous to do anything at work... but boss said go for it :wave thanks so much... have a great weekend

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds