New and not yet approved

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by lefty3, Oct 13, 2007.

1. lefty3

lefty3 Private E-2

Hello,

I don't seem to have access to other forums yet, so I guess I start here. I've got a major trojan malware on my desktop :-( which has caused me to come here for help and direction. Major geeks, meet techno-weenie (sort of). As soon as I have access I'll be making my way to the virus definition and malware forums for shoulders to cry on and whatever assistance I can find.

TTYS,
    lefty3

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Lefty3

You should have access to all forums including malware, the only time that you may get a access issue is if your trying to tag your question onto someone elses, as its not the done thing, confuses matters a great deal so always best to start a new thread of your own with your malware issue.

Other times you may get access issues are if you did not follow the guide wildwolf posted above and put inline logs into your post over attaching them as inline logs maybe caught in the spamfilter and not made live until a moderator approves them.

but good luck in removing your malware as the guys and girls in malware here are very good.

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Hiya :wave
    I hope you visit the other forums once you get your Malware problem fixed :)

6. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Hi! I just registered yesterday, and found I couldn't post a reply to someone else's topic in the adware section. I guess that's because it's someone else's problem? I have a lighter case of the same one, but have a different question about it. Do I make a new thread?

7. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

Yes make a new thread. We aren’t allowed to post on other threads because it will confuse the original poster and also the ones answering the questions.

However they will ask that you follow these instruction and post the results in the thread you create. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

8. PC-XT

PC-XT Master Sergeant

Thank you for clearing that up. I assume I can post a link to the topic I was trying to post to in my new thread, if I want to reference it.

I am working on that list. I will wait until I have logs to attach before making the thread, then.

9. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

As long as you follow the Read and Run thread and post your logs, you shouldn't need a link to the other thread. They'll see what should be removed. Just give them your symptoms.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds