a newbie here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by above par tech girl, Oct 21, 2007.

1. above par tech girl

above par tech girl Private E-2

hello, i am newbie here; i heard about major geek site word of recommendation. i gave myself this screen name because i like computers, computers like me, i broke my computer by accident of course several times and fixed computer my own self. lol. :D

2. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Welcome to Major Geeks :)

That is a very cool name too :) Hope to see you around the forums!

G

3. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

hi there!

Stick around and you will learn a whole lot. Welcome :)

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. Juvo

Juvo Private E-2

Hi all,

I am a newbie here as well. I am not familiar yet with the forum and I need big help. I have a problem with my computer. One time my anti virus was expired. Then this virus invaded while my computer did not have any anti-virus. I got it from USB drive.

In my USB drive that was infected, there is a file called autorun.inf, and there is file folder that you cannot delete, no matter how many times you try to do that. Then I download trial version of CA Anti-Virus. And without doing any preventing action, because I did not think I need to, I did the scanning. Yes CA found quite many viruses called "win32/dodaykil.b" and the action is to delete them.

But then most of the system files (in drive C:) become hidden, only "Documents & Settings" that is left visible. And since I scanned some USB drives and some external hard drives too, their files also became hidden. I have tried many many times to "show the hidden files" using Folder Option from the Tools menu on Windows Explorer, but it never works. Those files are kept hidden.

Has anyone had similar problem? And does anyone know how to do with this virus "win32/dodaykil.b"? How can I get all my files visible?

Thank you.

6. wildwolf220

7. Juvo

Juvo Private E-2

I need to learn. Thanks a lot.

8. wildwolf220

your welcome juvo. the malware team here are the best around they will help fix you up.

9. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Welcome to MG's

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds