Can not post a new thread

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by pschimme, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pschimme

pschimme Private E-2

I am a newbie and trying to post my first thread in the Malware Removal forum. But I get a message saying Invalid Thread specified. I clicked on the Administrator link but did not see what I am doing wrong. Please help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

4. casiovd

casiovd Private E-2

jeez, same here

5. DavidGP

Hi

You have a live thread here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142719 on an ntdll issue, posting in multiple areas of the forum with same question may result in our spam filter catching your posts until and Admin or Moderator approves them.

6. casiovd

casiovd Private E-2

Hey Halo,

Okay, thank you !

Kind regards,
    Casper

7. DavidGP

No problems Casper, hope someone pops along soon to assist you.

8. Sethanon

Sethanon Private E-2

Ihave the same problem. It says

"Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Now if that is due to some spam filter, it would be very nice if the message said so instead...

UGH

9. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Your post is now viewable in the Malware Forum.

10. Sethanon

Sethanon Private E-2

Well it was not when I posted here (I did check a few times with Shift-Reload), and the post in the Malware Forum was not my first post where I had included all the log files etc. Is this a bug or a 'feature'?

11. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

12. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Your first post included attachments/links. By default that requires validation by a moderator, which I have now done and deleted the 5 repeat posts you also made. It is a 'feature' in that it protects our members from the hundreds of spams that we as moderators get to see every day, and you as members don't have to suffer. Waiting a short while for your first post to be validated is far more preferable than wading through the tons of spam you would otherwise get if this 'feature' was not in place, and the possibility of clicking on bad links and files that would lead to members getting infected with malware. As I said, it is now available for viewing :)

13. casiovd

casiovd Private E-2

Hey Lev,

But in my case it wasn't :confused

Casper

14. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Halo already explained why yours got caught. You posted exactly the same thing in multiple forums - which is exactly what spammers do - so hence it got caught.

15. casiovd

casiovd Private E-2

That's a negative.
    It was my first thread (without attachments), that couldnt be posted.
    After that I tried it couple times, still the same message.
    Then, maybe, it's posted multiple times, but therefor it isnt called spam...
    Maybe you got a spamfilter installed, but its weird if my first topic cant be posted.

16. DavidGP

Sorry guys old thread, the spam filter will catch a certain set of words or multiple posts which I explained, in the other case inline logs or names of malware may get caught, the admin/moderation team do get to these fairly quickly and authorise them but as many of us have full time jobs an d do this freely, it may at times take 30mins or more to authorise any posts caught in the filter so do bare with us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds