colpubs

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by colpubs, Nov 13, 2007.

1. colpubs

colpubs Private E-2

Wow, I'm here but I have no idea what I'm doing. I've looked for ages trying to find this spot and I still don't know how to post something from scratch. Is this going out to all you good people or am I talking to myself. I normally do. Hey I'm an aussie, too old to boast my age but I need help. I have a hp pavilion dv 2000 and I tried to upgrade from the current xp home to xp pro by running a xp pro disk in the xp home os. The end result was the whole thing crashed. I can get through the setup to the point where the hdd should be recognised and I should be able to add/alter/adjust the partitions etc. It tells me there is no hdd connected. I think this is a hp method of making sure you don't remove their installations. I need disk space so I want to remove the hp recovery system etc and also setup xp pro.
    Can anyone help me?
    Jeff

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's. start a new thread in the software forum

SOFTWARE FORUM

click on forum tools and then select post a new thread.

i think you will get the help you need in there. good luck

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds