Malware Gurus Need Help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by debchanda, Dec 31, 2007.

1. debchanda

debchanda Private E-2

I had an infected computer, worm.Zhelatin.my. I complted all the steps in the read me first file and believe I have rid myself of the worm. But after this, I cannot run any page that has encryption on, any page that requires userid and pwds. Getting the message not connected to the internet. Any help is appreciated.

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

your system may not be clean yet. you need to go the the steps in READ & RUN ME FIRST
    then start a NEW thread in the MALWARE FORUM
    then attach the results of the scans so the malware team can see if your system realy is clean. that is the only way to be sure.

3. tomeister

tomeister Private E-2

It quite possibly could be a problem with your LSP files or connection settings. Sounds familiar when I had Win 98SE, download LSPFIX.ZIP here at major geeks under Internet programs. Unzip it to your freeware folder or where you put diagnosis stuff. Just run it but do nothing. It will show your Winsock files on the left panel and simply state a message if something is wrong with them. If something was added or changed which was the case is with mine, it will appear in the right panel.

I backed up all my winsock files for safe keeping a while back. LSPFIX stated there was a problem with mine but it was just an added DLL from my firewall which is ok! I stopped using the XP firewall as of today. PC Tools firewall prevented me from surfing the web eventually, I got connected but I was also getting messages like yours, about "Not Being Connected!?" I guess I should of stayed in the beginners mode... :eek:

Get back with those results from LSPFIX debchanda if you can. :major You'll get more help if needed, if not from me someone will butt in I'm sure!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds