Dio Cleaner

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by nvbiker, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nvbiker

nvbiker Private E-2

Hello everyone. Happy New year to you all. What brought me to this site is a Dio Cleaner infection. I'm trying to remove it & it's making me crazy. Thanks for the help and for just being here.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. larryelias

larryelias Private E-2

DIO CLeaner also brought me to this site. After reading a few posts and seeing all of the steps to clean it, I decided I had no choice.....I was in for the long haul.

However, it did dawn on me that I knew the day and hour that the problem started (Verizon's Security Suite going on the fritz opened the door...). Seeing the registries posted gave me the idea to look for "new files created." I had one that was created on the day and hour that the problem began. The file was "jpewocmz." I decided to copy it into notepad - in case I was wrong - then save it on my desktop.

I deleted it from my registry and rebooted. Voila, the DIO Cleaner demon was exorcised from my laptop.

Question: is there anything else I need to do? I have been running without incident for several days now.....no signs of DIO. Not even Ronnie James Dio.....

6. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

To make sure you got all of the infections:
    You need to go to the Malware Forum http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 and follow the Read & Run Me First thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407
    Start a thread and post your logs that are asked for.

;) dr.m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds