Hi - I can't post a new thread in Malware

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by tallchap, Jan 30, 2008.

1. tallchap

tallchap Private E-2

Tried posting in the Malware forum and it won't let me, so I've come along here to see what happens.

Edit: Have attached a screenshot of the error I receive when I try to post about an issue in the Malware forum.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  2. tallchap

tallchap Private E-2

How rude of me.

What I should've said of course is hello, what a great forum.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

4. tallchap

tallchap Private E-2

Yes, thanks Halo.

Seems I was expecting a post to appear instantly, and when it didn't tried to re-post it n times like a typical newbie. Ooops.

Seems like the forum and/or moderator have managed to strip out the duplicates though... nice.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No Problems, yes at times a new thread from a new member can if inline logs ( aka Hijackthis ) are posted in the text and not attached as per our guide, or certain combinations of words or random text ( eg. ahdbjasdas as posted for malware ) can get caught in our spamfilter, then as you rightly predicted a mod/admin has to edit logs out and approve the thread for it to show, in your case I was lucky in not being around to delete the surplus ones ;)

But your in safe hands with Chaslang and the rest in our malware forum, so good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds