Not sure about forum to use

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jiminat, Mar 25, 2008.

1. jiminat

jiminat Private E-2

Hi All. I suspect my computer has been hijacked because of some weird messages from my firewall about my computer trying to access the internet without my permission. I am not sure if this should be posted to a software forum or a technical forum. Although I am computer illiterate I'm afraid I'm a bit of a click and try person when I get a problem (even in the registry). When I finally find the correct forum I think I can remember the whole sequence of events. I have already downloaded Highjack This. Regards Jiminat

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

3. jiminat

jiminat Private E-2

Hi. Thanks to Wildwolf and Kestrel for your replies. Sorry I haven't acknowledged earlier but I've been busy going through the cleanup operation.
    It appears to have worked for the moment. No weird messages from Zone Alarm yet. I still cannot uninstall the moody copy of Microsoft Office Pro 97 that I have on my system but I'm not too concerned about that. I only wanted to get rid of a file called findfast and I've done that.
    Regards Jiminat

4. brainbone

brainbone Private E-2

hello all...new here but have been lurking and looking for quite some time hoping to find a solution...sent a message to someone but not sure if it went through. I have TCP/IP issues, am unable to get online. -system w/WinXPsp2...downloaded winsockxpfix didn't help still unable to log on...netdiag/test:winsock/v <232> [FATAL] Cannot find TCP/IP configuration from the registry.

5. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You should really start your own thread in software. Welcome aboard.

6. brainbone

brainbone Private E-2

Thank you. What is the best way to start a thread here?

7. brainbone

brainbone Private E-2

Thank you... I have now set up a new thread...how do I get answers to my problems?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds