testing a post here..

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Katahdin11, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Katahdin11

Katahdin11 Private E-2

testing a post here.. i attempted to quote / then reply on another thread and response was that I was not activated or something.. :(

test..

how do you subscribe to msg - ie get email of replies?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  2. Katahdin11

Katahdin11 Private E-2

how do you subscribe to msg thread?

how do you subscribe to msg - ie get email of replies?

3. Katahdin11

Katahdin11 Private E-2

Re: how do you subscribe to msg thread?

I don't know obviously !! :confused

But now I do - I think - I looked below - thanks.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome. :)

You should be able to hit quote in a thread and post a reply, UNLESS you were trying to do so in the Malware Forum where only the original poster and the malware experts can respond to a thread. You would need to start your own thread in there if you have a question.

As far as 'msg', are you talking about subscribing to a thread? If you are, you need to click on the thread you want to subscibe to. In the top right hand corner, you will see Thread tools. Click subscribe to thread.

5. Katahdin11

Katahdin11 Private E-2

Re: how do you subscribe to msg thread?

thanks

6. Katahdin11

Katahdin11 Private E-2

Thanks and thanks... ;=}
    yes it was a malware forum..
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=1131206

But I didn't see any indication that the thread was restricted.. ;={ rolleyes

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  7. LauraR

So as not to continue the confusion (mine mostly :D) of having your posts in multiple threads, I'm going to quote your post from the other poster's thread. Stick with this thread from now on if you have questions.

As far as the restriction in Malware, you are correct. I don't think it's noted. The reason for it being so, and a very good one, is that each person's incidence of malware is unique to their computer. So if you have the same trojan as someone else, chances are, it will have to be treated differently. It just makes it less confusing to not have other people posting in your thread while you are trying to get your computer fixed.

The same goes for the other forums (software, hardware, etc.). If you have a problem, you need to start your own thread rather than post in someone else's. You will not be restricted from doing so in those forums, but you should keep your own problems to your own thread. If you have advice for someone in the other forums, you are more than welcome to respond.

If you would like to bring the thread you metioned to someone's attention, you would have to enable your private messages and pm Chaslang. For the most part, I think people go directly to the malware forum and read the threads at the top of that forum when they are having problems.

:)

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

9. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

It is noted and has been for a few years, if not more. There is an announcement thread that appears at the top of every forum here at MG's about it.:)

Announcement: Those offering to help others: Updated January 20th, 2008

10. LauraR

11. Capucina

Capucina Private E-2

Welcome to forums!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds