Download dummy here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jbell7174, Apr 10, 2008.

1. jbell7174

jbell7174 Private E-2

I want to download a file for Win Vist, but when I click the download it ask to run or save, which do I do?? (Duh)

2. jbell7174

jbell7174 Private E-2

Thanks, I'll do that, and once I save it, do I have to do anything else??

3. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You have to double-click the file to start the installation process. You will then get a guided wizard that will lead you through the process, and enter any info that it needs. If you're not sure then just ask. Welcome aboard.

EDIT: You could run it straight away too, you'll shorten the process, but I prefer to have a copy on my system, but that's just me.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2008
  4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Keeping a copy of the installation file will save you time looking for and downloading it again in the future should you have to rebuild the machine, or reinstall the program.

Keep in mind, simply running the file also downloads and saves a copy of the file (in a temporary directory where it will be deleted before long). The only difference saving it is that you manually specify where to save the file, and manually execute it.

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds