An Irritating Problem...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Skynscuba, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Skynscuba

Skynscuba Private E-2

Hi - This is my first visit and I hope someone has the solution to a proble that has cropped up on my puter. Where would be the best place to find help?

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

It depends on what the problem is. You should post it in the correct forum (ie, Software, Hardware, Malware, etc)

If you aren't sure, just ask here and someone will let you know which forum it should be in.

Welcome :)

3. Skynscuba

Skynscuba Private E-2

Since I'm not sure what the problem is I'll guess software. I run the virus scan (Panda) daily and it shows no infection. A week or so ago suddenly none of my login info for web sites seems to be remembered. I have to manually login with each visit - very annoying. Windows used to remember all this stuff and did so perfectly for years, now all of a sudden no. With each login I repeatedly tell it to remember but no one is listening. I have XP Pro.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Yes, I would post that in Software. I'm not sure why the feature would all the sudden stop working, unless somehow your settings were changed.

However, I will tell you and I know you'll probably hear it again when you repost, you really shouldn't use that feature for security reasons.

Hopefully, when you repost, someone will be able to help you out.

Good luck. :)

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to MajorGeeks :major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds