new to this site

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rosebowl41, May 18, 2008.

1. rosebowl41

rosebowl41 Private E-2

Hi, I am a novice at computer stuff - generally paying someone to do things because of my fear of screwing up. I am trying to rectify that situation. Two guestions, due to my upgrade to MS Windows XP (professional) and MS Office Small Business, my spell check works only in French. It boggles my mind that MS isn't concerned about this. I'll bet if I wrote my check in French they'd care! A support site suggested I find your site for a free spell check down load. My question? What do you suggest - and are there any tricks I need to know about downloading this?? Also, what are your thoughts on emoticons??? Oh, one more question - is there a free site to search for email addresses?
    Thanks so much,

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

Start a new thread HERE in the software forum for advice on your spell check problem.

What email addresses would you be looking to search for may i ask?

3. rosebowl41

rosebowl41 Private E-2

I'm interested in tracking down old friends from college - people I've lost track of over the years....

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

Here in the UK there is a site called friends reunited where you can find people you have lost touch with.

There might be a site the same where you live.

5. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

6. rosebowl41

rosebowl41 Private E-2

'Sorry to be so dense....where do I find replies???

7. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

I can not resist-
    Bienvenue Au MajorGeeks :-D

rosebowl, if you click on the thread titles you will find posts below the posting that started the thread (the one you clicked on the title)

Some threads do not get any replies.....

8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I use reunion.com and classmates.com. These are the 2 biggies, so you can find friends.

9. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Re: I agree with you

Hahaha, spamming a rock crushing equipment company? You have to be joking! This has to be a first at a tech site!:-D

10. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

All his spam was already deleted as well as his account :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds