Very pesky virus

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by pcgirlie, Oct 22, 2008.

1. pcgirlie

pcgirlie Private E-2

Im not sure yet how to post for help but i did it once. I have a xp windows program that will not leave it keeps saying my pc infected and i need to buy their program to fix it I need Major help! this is one of my clients pc someone please help.

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi

Please read carefully thru this

Welcome to Major Geeks!

Please follow the instructions in the below link and attach the requested logs when you finish these instructions.

• If something does not run, write down the info to explain to us later but keep on going.
    • Do not assume that because one step does not work that they all will not.
    READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Notes:
    1. If you run into problems trying to run the READ & RUN ME or any of the scans in normal boot mode, You can try running steps in safe boot mode but make sure you tell us what you did later when you post logs. See the below if you do not know how to boot in safe mode:
    2. If you have problems downloading on the problem PC, download the tools on another PC and burn to a CD. Then copy them to the problem PC. You will have to skip getting updates if (and only if) your internet connection does not work. Yes you could use a flash drive too but flash drives are writeable and infections can spread to them.

Plus a guide on HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

Then upload the four requested logs generated by the scans from the tools you run into a NEW post in the malware removal section here:

Malware Removal

if you have any further questions regarding the procedures you should ask them in the malware removal forum and not here in the welcome centre.

Very best of luck :wave
    Kes

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. pcgirlie

pcgirlie Private E-2

Hey it worked great! I did everything how she told me. This site will be such a great place to come for help and to learn as well. Kudos to whoever created it

5. Kestrel13!

Hi, you didn't upload your logs to a new post in the malware removal section which is part of the deal with the read and run me first so one of us can take a look at your logs and give you all the "all clear" when everything has been dealt with. You would be best off doing this for peace of mind, although running the tools would have removed alot of the garbage..usually there's a little more left behind lurking that needs attention

Cheers
    Kes

6. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

A one post fix. Imagine that ... :banghead

Now, if only I could attach this womans brain, to my body, well ..., :confused - then, at least, I would have a brain! :-D

And then "perhaps" I could understand things in say, oooohhhh, 10 posts or less!?! :hammer ;) :clap

Glad to see, once again, that MG's WORKS! :strong :boxing :ban :cloud9

And congrats pcgirilie! :celebrate

7. Kestrel13!

roflmao grc123 you never fail to make me giggle......

8. grc123

grc123 MajorGeek

Well good - I'm glad to be of (some sort of ) "service" `round here! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds