Glad that I found this site

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by 4378911, Nov 12, 2008.

1. 4378911

4378911 Private E-2

My system was running smooth and nice until two days back with out a bother in the world. Adobe popped an update window for latest version and I clicked install. Trouble started. The install was going and suddenly system rebooted on its own. As soon as I logged into my account came a warning "windows detected harmful spy ware and trying to download latest protection" and then flashed its ugly blue screen error.

I am stuck in safe mode from that point onward.

I went through couple threads in this forum and tried couple of things. But no luck.

Please help:cry

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome :)

The best place for your question would be the Software Forum. Someone in there should probably be able to give you incite on your problem.

Have you tried a System Restore?

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :wave

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. xromania™

xromania™ Private E-2

hey all, yes good site... but im new here, why my posts didnt appear? i lost 1 hour writing some... Ok my english isnt so good, if this site dont like guys because this reason i need to know, thanks. But all my posts after i registered here was not aproved or something:) dont worry im a decent guy and was decent posts. Is frustrating when someone need urgent help and he cant post:) Now im tired and cant ask again help, cant write again my problem. Probably ill come back later. Thanks

6. LauraR

I'm not sure why a post would not have shown. It could have been caught up in the spam filter? Did you have a link in it or something?

Anyway, welcome.

I did notice both your posts that did show up, you posted in someone else's threads. You need to start your own thread. I would post a new thread in this forum asking about your previous post.

7. 4378911

4378911 Private E-2

Thanks LauraR. AVG scan shows that I am infected. I do not want to use system restore.

8. LauraR

9. 4378911

4378911 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds