Replying to a post

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by 81042egh, Jan 22, 2009.

1. 81042egh

81042egh Private E-2

Why do I keep getting this response whenever I try to reply to a post?

"81042egh, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."
    :confused

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

Is it a post in the malware section? gotta have special permissions to reply to other peoples posts in malware.

3. 81042egh

81042egh Private E-2

Yes, I believe it is. How do I get special permission? Thanks

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

You have to become a malware fighter after passing an exam and have plenty of time.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi as Augie mentions the Malware forum is very different and only authorised users can post in someone elses thread, the reason we changed the policy of anyone replying to malware questions was that it became a mess/confusing when multiple users posted their advice and a fair amount of it was wrong and could have made matters worse, as well as attaching their logs and questions to a thread of someone elses question, this confuses the fix as what may work for one, may not work for another as malware is sneeky and has random names of files etc,

Which is why as you will agree its best to have continuity in helping someone remove malware from their PC.

So if you have a malware issue then best to start your own thread on your issue as you had posted before in the Welcome Center here, in which advice was left on what to do, also do make sure that you tick the Remember Me box when logging in as that can cause that message to appear if your attaching some logs.

If you are interested in malware removals, its best for us to judge your skills by being active and helping folk in other parts of the forum, say software, hardware, drivers etc as then Chaslang and team can get an idea of your knowledge as good working knowledge of Windows OS is needed.

6. :waveHello and Welcome to the forum....:wave​

Maximus.....:major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds